Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:13 AM   #1
nelsxx
macrumors newbie

iTunes won't add videos

I recently got the iPod Touch and downloaded the new version of iTunes, but for some reason when I go to my Movies library and click "Add file" or "Add folder" the movies won't add in.

The files they're saved under are .avi/WMA files and I know the Touch doesn't support that, but shouldn't I be able to convert on iTunes anyway? What do I do?

Thank you for your help.
nelsxx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:57 AM   #2
TuffLuffJimmy
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsxx View Post
I recently got the iPod Touch and downloaded the new version of iTunes, but for some reason when I go to my Movies library and click "Add file" or "Add folder" the movies won't add in.

The files they're saved under are .avi/WMA files and I know the Touch doesn't support that, but shouldn't I be able to convert on iTunes anyway? What do I do?

Thank you for your help.
are you on windows or a mac? you need to download perian if you're on a mac.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:08 AM   #3
capemac
macrumors newbie

conversion

once you have the movies in itunes, go to the menu at the top to the "Advance" menu. There will be a highlighted "convert for Ipod/Itouch". Simple as that. Hope this helps.
capemac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2008, 12:43 PM   #4
nelsxx
macrumors newbie

I have Windows.

The thing is, iTunes won't add any video into the library. I'm trying to figure out how to transfer a movie file from my computer to iTunes.
nelsxx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 03:50 AM   #5
capemac
macrumors newbie

Hub

Try this, not sure if it will work with windows, but it worked for me on my mac.
http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/
and as long as your movies are short, you can use it without paying for it.
Hope this helps
David
capemac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store