Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Nov 4, 2003, 10:11 AM   #1
joker2
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to joker2 Send a message via Yahoo to joker2
For those who wanted an iPod with color screen and media transfer...

FlashTrax may be your solution... A friend referred me to the page, and it does seem to support Macs as well as PCs. It has a premium price, but we've come to expect paying that, right?

3.5" LCD, USB2.0 interface, plays MP3s, can play the motion pictures that come from your digital camera...

80GB $699.99, 40 GB 549.99, 30 GB 499.99 (US), and a media adapter for $49.99 to read other storage.

(edit: it doesn't meet the sleek form factor for the iPod, and it's probably not as easy to use, but your tools are generally matched to what you want to use them for )
joker2 is offline   0
Old Nov 4, 2003, 10:22 AM   #2
howard
macrumors 68020

pretty neat little device, really expensive though i bet if they ipod had a color screen it would shoot up to these prices....which kinda make me not want it to have a color screen....
howard is offline   0
Old Nov 4, 2003, 11:04 AM   #3
~Shard~
macrumors P6

Send a message via Skype™ to ~Shard~
Competition is heating up...

With all these new players and online music services popping up, I really hope that Apple realizes it needs to stay competitve and continue to push technology. The iPod was revolutionary, but now we see many players offering the same functionality (albeit not as nice of a form factor, etc.) for the same price, if not cheaper, and in some cases, extra options above and beyond the iPod's capabilities.

I think Apple can't afford to rest on its laurels (not that it ever really does!) and needs to constantly push out new technology for the iPod (and its other products too, obviously!)

As a result, I think color screens would be in order for the next revision, as well as a model that offers video playback as well, along with a basic Hard Drive capacity boost as well (60GB and 80 GB?). Due to the higher costs, these don't need to be incorporated into every iPod, but maybe just the high end ones, to give users a choice.

Although I love the iPod and am planing on buying one regardless of the competition, I think the iPod will slowly but surely become less and less attracitve to new customers with new products being released like these...

Just my $0.02!

Scott
~Shard~ is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers