Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mover888

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2003
Metro NYCC
I'm switching. One of the reasons I'm switching is also a factor making it hard to switch: Win95. I'm looking for a "painless" way to move files off the PC. Easy if you're on Win98 or higher -- there is file xfer software available -- but we neanderthals are in trouble.

1) Anyone had any luck switching a Zip/100 drive back and forth between machines to xfer files?

2) Anyone had any luck using their wireless router to connect machines so files can be xfered?

3) Anyone had any luck using a Win95 OS to move files up to .mac and pull them down from there into Jaguar/Panther?

New to this forum, so send me to the right one if I'm lost.

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
What kind of files? General doucuments (word, photos, mp3)? You can always just burn CDs if you have a CD burner for the PC (and don't have tens of GB to burn). External (FW or USB) hard drives also come to mind if you have one (you can read a PC HD with a mac). Yes the Zip will also work, but will be painfully slow...
I don't know if you can set up file sharing between Win95 & 10.3 but as a last resort you can always use ftp. All you need is to turn ftp on in system preferences/sharing, connect the two computers and login to the mac from the PC with an ftp client.

But surely someone has a more simple way of doing it ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.