FInal Cut Pro on Mini - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Old Mar 22, 2008, 07:36 AM   #1
mcavjame
macrumors 65816

FInal Cut Pro on Mini

With all the hullabaloo about the prospect of a new mini coming out, some interesting discussions have been happening in other threads. An interesting one for me was that users talked about running FCP on a mini.

This is somewhat interesting for me as I use FCP at work and have a mini as one of my machines at home. I just can't imagine that the mini does a decent job with any flavor of FCP.

I posted a few support pages that indicate FCP requires quartz extreme and at least and AGP video card. Posters indicated that they had seen FCP running on a mini, but I did not read any posts from people saying they were actually doing this.

I am interested in knowing if anyone is running FCP (ver 5 or 6) on a mini, what the user experience is like and what you are doing to compensate for the lower end specs.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 10:53 AM   #2
gkarris
macrumors 604

FCP requires a discreet graphics card. I think it may work, but some features will not be available to you...

FCE works, though...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini