Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobertD63

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
A place
All right i know a lot of people are waiting and are watching the sundays pass and are mad about the updates not being out. Same thing for the mini. I think that if there going to do it there going to wait and do it at WWDC i think the same goes for the MacBooks and MacBooks Pros. Tell me what you think?

blurb23

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2007
There is evidence to support your theory, but personally I don't think Apple will do that.

If they do wait to update at WWDC, they'll be updating the Mac Mini, iMac, Macbook, Macbook Pro, and possibly the Mac Pro as well (new graphics cards). Pretty much the entire line up. I don't see them doing a massive overhaul all at once.

viniciusc

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2007
I don't think so. WWDC is an event focused on developers, it makes no sens announcing an upgrade for a consumer machine. And plus, Apple has already started migrating all Macs to Penryn processors, I don't think they want to wait until June.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
I think they're going to slip in a little 'oh, by the way' upgrade almost as an afterthought, after they've upgraded everthing else.
A bunch of people will rush out and buy them, and realize that they're only gaining a peformance boost of 5-10% max.
People will fume and fuss about the "overpriced, underperforming" mini, and others will remain convinced that they're REALLY going to upgrade it in the next intel upgrade cycle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.