Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supremedesigner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
hey guys

here's the update for the I am Legend on DVDs... I am real upset on this one. They said "digital movie included" and I was so thrilled and bought one right away (from Wally World) and then later insert the DVD in it and it said it's for PC and Windows Media Player. I was like WTF!?! I was expectin' it to be iPhone movie because of what Steve Jobs said after he announced it from MacWorld. I am so damn pissed about this one! I feel like puta slappin them! They did NOT say anything if it's for iPhone or stupid Windows MEdia Player until you open the DVD. Bulllllshit!

I don't think that is right and they are tryin' to trick us. I was thinkin' about givin' them a call and see if they can provide me one for iPhone since they like to "confuse" the customer whether its for iPhone or WMP. Just wanted you guys to be aware of...

supremedesigner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Just get on a windows pc get the file to work there then convert it to a mac friendly format and you are set.

I would do it if I have the intel mac but I don't. None of us (including my wife) have PC. Is there a way that it can be done via website? Example: put the code online and they will send you the download link?

Is there a way I can contact Warners Bros about this situation? Thanks!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
fwiw, the little sticker that says "digital copy included" opens and says that its PC only.

redfirebird08

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2007
The announcement by Jobs was with a Twentieth Century Fox executive. I Am Legend is distributed by Warner Bros. I'm sure they will eventually start offering iTunes versions with the DVD's. I have Live Free or Die Hard (released by Fox before they started their iTunes policy) on DVD and it has a digital copy that is only Windows-compatible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.