Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Nov 4, 2003, 07:07 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Israeli company comes up with microchip that "performs 8 t...

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Israeli company comes up with microchip that "performs 8 trillion operations per second, equivalent to a super-computer"

Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by arn
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Nov 5, 2003, 02:24 AM   #2
Mudbug
Administrator emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Mudbug Send a message via Skype™ to Mudbug
and the down side to this would be?

They mention video compression as a possible use for it - if it can do that, what's to stop it from being used as a normal semiconductor for a computer? Someone wanting to make some $$ could get in on the ground floor of this being a manufacturer for these folks in a few years...

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion