Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iqwertyi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Hello,

I bought someone an iPhone as a gift. They currently have a RAZR and I don't have an iPhone myself, so I don't have anyway of testing it for myself.

Is there an easy way to transfer their contacts from one to another. I'm pretty sure all the contact numbers and info on the razr were inputted directly to the phone, so it was never synced to outlook previously or anything like that.

Any advice.

Thanks

ballen420

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2008
South of Boston
If they own a Mac, they can sync the Razr contacts into the address book on the Mac via bluetooth, and then sync those into the iphone.

If they own a PC, there are programs out there that allow you to get contacts off the phone. I remember hooking up a mini USB cable to get them off in the past via some Motorola program.

verdee

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
If you save your contacts to your sim, there is a program (provided your phone is jailbroken) that'll transfer them to your iphone. Worked perfectly for me.

ballen420

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2008
South of Boston
If they have Verizon and no Sim card, then they need Motorola phone tools to transfer the contacts. I don't believe the software is free (I believe it's $25 with the mini USB cable), though I think Razr's come with a disc that potentially has something similar on it.

iSync on a Mac is the easiest way (and it's free). Maybe they can find a way to do it in an Apple store.

IlliniDude

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2007
They have a PC.

I hope they have a free program available.

I downloaded Motorola Phone Tools via a P2P program and then copied my numbers into Outlook Express. Then I synced my iphone with Outlook and they came through.

DelucaKoehn

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2017
Transfer contacts from Android to iPhone is not difficult at all because all your contacts will be associated with your Google account, which means you can sign into the same Google account on iPhone and then sync your wanted contacts. Next, I will show you step by step.

Step 1: On your Android phone, go to Settings and choose "Accounts and Sync", sign into your Gmail account and enable contacts synchronization.

Step 2: On your new iPhone, click in the following order: Settings > Contacts > Accounts > Add account > Google. Input the same Google account and password signed in on your Android phone. Finally, turn on the button of the option "Contacts" in the interface of Gmail.
icloud-contact-add-account.png

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Transfer contacts from Android to iPhone is not difficult at all because all your contacts will be associated with your Google account, which means you can sign into the same Google account on iPhone and then sync your wanted contacts. Next, I will show you step by step.

Step 1: On your Android phone, go to Settings and choose "Accounts and Sync", sign into your Gmail account and enable contacts synchronization.

Step 2: On your new iPhone, click in the following order: Settings > Contacts > Accounts > Add account > Google. Input the same Google account and password signed in on your Android phone. Finally, turn on the button of the option "Contacts" in the interface of Gmail.
icloud-contact-add-account.png
Nine year old thread.

A RAZR is NOT an Android phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.