Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Mar 24, 2008, 01:23 PM   #1
onyx.support
macrumors newbie

Transfer of a windows formated Ipod to a mac

I hope someone can help. I just got a man and would like to transfer my Ipod library to it. Unfortunaly the Ipod was formated on a win XP PC. Can someone provide me with the steps on how to do this. Thanks in advance.
onyx.support is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 01:27 PM   #2
d_and_n5000
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx.support View Post
I hope someone can help. I just got a man and would like to transfer my Ipod library to it. Unfortunaly the Ipod was formated on a win XP PC. Can someone provide me with the steps on how to do this. Thanks in advance.
A Windows-formatted iPod will work perfectly fine with a Mac. You can download Senuti or similar to transfer the library from iPod to Mac, or you can whip out an Ethernet cable and connect the PC and Mac and transfer it that way.

Once you have all of it transferred, though, you might want to restore your iPod for the Mac. AFAIK it doesn't really matter, but it may make something work better/give you karma points.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 01:28 PM   #3
forafireescape
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to forafireescape
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx.support View Post
Haha...Freudian slip?

But yeah, as soon as you connect it, it'll reformat.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod