Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Mar 25, 2008, 12:36 AM   #1
mogra
macrumors newbie

Graphic Tablet

Hi Everybody,

I am thinking of buying 2 tablets. I have PowerBook G4.

Goal : find some cheap solution to exchange notes while on skype.

Recently one of our collaborator moved to different state. Skype is really great for all conference call meeting .... but problem arises when we have to exchange math formulas. There is no easy way to write them easily and exchange on skype ... so I thought may be tablet is the answer. So I am looking for some cheap solution .. so I can buy two of them and send one to my collaborator as well.

Any ideas and advice will be helpful. My apologies if this is wrong place to post this kind of question.
mogra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 06:33 AM   #2
JasonElise1983
macrumors 6502a

I don't know that a tablet will help you any, you still have to be able to send the file over, but a Wacom Bamboo is what i would buy.

http://www.wacom.com/bambootablet/bamboo.cfm

-JE
JasonElise1983 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 07:05 AM   #3
pinktank
macrumors 6502

bamboo is really nice and affordable
pinktank is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 11:18 AM   #4
Island Dog
macrumors 6502a

I just bought a Bamboo, and it is very nice. Obviously it's not as "fancy" as the more expensive options, but it does the job well.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 12:19 PM   #5
mogra
macrumors newbie

Thanks everybody
mogra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:57 PM   #6
bbbshrimp
macrumors newbie

I am still really struggling if I should just get a cintiq instead... but it's 10x the cost of bamboo...
bbbshrimp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2008, 07:35 AM   #7
Hecklerdanny
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbshrimp View Post
I am still really struggling if I should just get a cintiq instead... but it's 10x the cost of bamboo...
I have at different times owned a Graphire Tablet, a Intuos2 and now a 21UX Cintiq. If you've never used a tablet before then I'd pretty strongly recommend starting with the lower end models, to see if you like it. (Most people love them, but not everyone, my graphic designer brother has never touched his)

I've recently upgraded to the Cintiq, and while it's much more fun to use than the Intuos2 tablets, I don't find myself able to do much more on it then I could the regular Intuos2 Tablet. Don't get me wrong, I love the Cintiq, but I'd start small. Just my opinion.

All Wacom Tablet's are just awesome.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics