Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Mar 25, 2008, 09:10 AM   #1
Tory
macrumors newbie

iPod resets itself after disconnecting from computer

When I connect my iPod to the computer, it will update but I still have two problems:

-It gets hot, which seemed to me to be a cause for at least some alarm. I don't have the slightest idea why this could happen, because it's never happened before.

-When I disconnect the iPod from the computer, it resets itself... like, the screen slowly fades away and then turns off all together. When I turn it back on, the date and time need to be re-set.

Any ideas? This one has got me...
Tory is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:07 AM   #2
LeahM
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory View Post
When I connect my iPod to the computer, it will update but I still have two problems:

-It gets hot, which seemed to me to be a cause for at least some alarm. I don't have the slightest idea why this could happen, because it's never happened before.

-When I disconnect the iPod from the computer, it resets itself... like, the screen slowly fades away and then turns off all together. When I turn it back on, the date and time need to be re-set.

Any ideas? This one has got me...
Did you disconnect it properly (by clicking the eject button in Itunes)? Or did you just rip it out. Also, when did you buy it? If its giving you problems and you just recently bought it, you should return it

MR Scavenger Hunt Score: II
LeahM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 07:44 AM   #3
Tory
macrumors newbie

I ejected it, and if it said it was okay to disconnect I just disconnected it from the USB port. This never gave me a problem before. I've had it for about 2 years and 3 months now, so I'm thinking it might be a problem with the battery. I just thought this kind of thing happened gradually, and this problem came up kind of suddenly.
Tory is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod