Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solidgoldmini

macrumors regular
Original poster
I'm trying to get Flash working on my Take 2 Apple TV Couch Surfer install. Couch Surfer itself is working great, but when I try to load a page with Flash, I see the little blue 'plug-in missing' cubes and it crashes.

I've followed the instructions regarding copying plug-ins and the 10.4 CoreAudioKit.framework. I think I have the plug-ins necessary, but I think the CoreAudioKit may be the problem. I got them from an iBook with 10.4.11, but because I'm still having problems, I'm thinking/hoping that it has to come from an Intel Mac.

I don't know about the legality of doing so, but if anyone could somehow send me the CoreAudioKit.framework folder from an Intel Mac installation (preferably 10.4.10 or .11, as that's what the AwkwardTV Wiki specifies) so I can get Flash working, I would greatly appreciate it. Like I said, I don't know if it's a no-no to do so, but if so, can anyone out there tell me how they got Flash working on their CouchSurfer Apple TV install?

Thank you!

solidgoldmini

macrumors regular
Original poster
I followed the instructions from the awkwardTV wiki at http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Safari_HD.

I installed CouchSurfer just fine, and it browses, uses bookmarks and all that OK.

I copied the plug-ins from a Leopard Mac Pro to the /Library/Internet Plug-ins on the AppleTV. And then I found a CoreAudioKit.framework on my old iBook which was running 10.4.11 and put that in the /System/Library/Frameworks folder. Now when I go to a site it doesn't say you need to get flash, I just get the little blue box with the question mark, and it will freeze up and eventually reboot, if I don't ssh in and reboot it myself. I see people saying they have the problem, and then their next post is "I got it working" but how? Do you know if the PPC CoreAudioKit.framework is the problem? I appreciate any help you can provide-I have a bunch of Macs floating around, but only the one Mac Pro which I can't install 10.4.10 on! Frustrating!

solidgoldmini

macrumors regular
Original poster
Like so many others, I figured it out, and it was the Frameworks.

It doesn't say so specifically anywhere I can find, but if you happen to be having the same problem, you have to make sure the CoreAudioKit.framework folder comes from an Intel install of 10.4. I used the folder from an Intel Mac Mini on 10.4.11 and Flash finally works! I can watch all the South Park episodes on my AppleTV now! :D

mdburke

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2008
Like so many others, I figured it out, and it was the Frameworks.

It doesn't say so specifically anywhere I can find, but if you happen to be having the same problem, you have to make sure the CoreAudioKit.framework folder comes from an Intel install of 10.4. I used the folder from an Intel Mac Mini on 10.4.11 and Flash finally works! I can watch all the South Park episodes on my AppleTV now! :D

I am experiencing the same problem as you were.

I pulled my frameworks from my first gen macbook osx dvd.

Could this be the problem?

mdburke

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2008
I continued the trend and figured it out on my own.

I was copying over CoreAudio.Framework instead of CoreAudioKit.Framework.

All is well now.

modhran

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2008
PowerPC issue

Hi there,

I have a PowerPC mac. Is there somewhere I can get an Intel CoreAudioKit.framework folder?

I'd love to get flash working to watch Leo Laporte Live.

Cordeiro

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2008
Hi there,

I have a PowerPC mac. Is there somewhere I can get an Intel CoreAudioKit.framework folder?

I'd love to get flash working to watch Leo Laporte Live.

Same problem here :-(
iMac Power PC..Any kind soul can help me where to find the miraculous CoreAudioKit?
Thx

ayale99

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2007
The problem seems to lie with what version of the CoreAudio.Framework you have. I got my framework from a Macbook 10.4.11 and I still can't get it to work. I've given up until I can find an alternate Framework to try. If anybody would share a copy that is confirmed to work, I would be eternally grateful.

Cordeiro

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2008
The problem seems to lie with what version of the CoreAudio.Framework you have. I got my framework from a Macbook 10.4.11 and I still can't get it to work. I've given up until I can find an alternate Framework to try. If anybody would share a copy that is confirmed to work, I would be eternally grateful.

Well according messagens above it seems that must be from an Intel install.
Was that your case and still didn't work?

ayale99

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2007
Well according messagens above it seems that must be from an Intel install.
Was that your case and still didn't work?

Yes, it was an Intel install. I followed the instructions to a T. I checked and rechecked everything.

BTW, I haven't tried re-installing atvFlash since the 2.01 update. Has anybody had success?

severe

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
Hey guys..

I have the file, however I wasn't able to place it into its proper location via SSH. An error message kept popping up ...something about not having permission. I had researched and found others having this issue as well. I think it can be remedied installing via the command line.

This was a few weeks back. I had given up. I'll trade the files needed for step-by-step instructions on how to get around this issue. :)

Cordeiro

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2008
Hey guys..

I have the file, however I wasn't able to place it into its proper location via SSH. An error message kept popping up ...something about not having permission. I had researched and found others having this issue as well. I think it can be remedied installing via the command line.

This was a few weeks back. I had given up. I'll trade the files needed for step-by-step instructions on how to get around this issue. :)

OK..Give it a try. If it solved the problem then you can send me the files :)

Attachments

• applt_tv_plugins.doc
    21 KB · Views: 1,373

severe

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
OK..Give it a try. If it solved the problem then you can send me the files :)

Thanks, but doesn't help. Here's the deal. The file is on my desktop. I try to drop it in /System/Library/Frameworks via SSH and I get The user does not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation.

How could I get the file from my desktop to the AppleTV via the command line?

mdburke

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2008
Code:
scp -1 -r ~/Desktop/CoreAudioKit.framework frontrow@AppleTV.local:~

ssh -1 frontrow@AppleTV.local

sudo mount -uw /

sudo mv ~/CoreAudioKit.framework /System/Library/Frameworks

severe

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
Code:

sudo mount -uw /

You, my friend, are the man.

Thanks a lot!

Cordeiro

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2008
Code:

sudo mount -uw /

Hi,

OK I got the files and copied them as above..and still don't works..:-(
Now I'm pretty sure that the folder with all is files is located in the right place.
Using ssh I see the folder under /System/Library/Frameworks as it should be.

So I suppose I had eliminated the incorrect placement or file structure of the files.

But yet still don't works :-(

Two Things:
1st - My apple TV is on 2.1 version(patched). Are yours in the same status?.
2nd - I opened other folders in folder Frameworks ( for instance folder CoreAudio) and I noticed that the exec files such as CoreAudio and Resources are presented with an arrow behind the file name ( and using "get info" I obtained that they kind are "symbolic link").
When I do the same in Folder CoreAudioKit those files don't present the arrow behind the name and get info gives me that their kind are "files".
It seems that by any strange reason those files are not exec. files as they should be after I copied them.
Could be the reason?

Thx

severe

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
I opened other folders in folder Frameworks ( for instance folder CoreAudio) and I noticed that the exec files such as CoreAudio and Resources are presented with an arrow behind the file name ( and using "get info" I obtained that they kind are "symbolic link").
When I do the same in Folder CoreAudioKit those files don't present the arrow behind the name and get info gives me that their kind are "files".
It seems that by any strange reason those files are not exec. files as they should be after I copied them.
Could be the reason?

Thx

The files with the arrows are aliases. They refer to the files that are deeper in the folders their contained in. If you look in the other folders you'll see the actual files. For whatever reason, this is how the files are to be structured.

Try mdburke's suggestion.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Bumping this old thread because I need a copy of the CoreAudioKit Framework for my ATV, and was hoping someone could help me out???

Thanks!

guywoodman7

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2008
New York
Code:

sudo mount -uw /

Trying to get Flash working in the new Couch Surfer. I have the appropriate files but am unable to move the CoreAudioKit.framework file over becuase of insufficient privelages.

I'm pretty sure I need to move it over via terminal (instead of transmit or cyberduck) but I used these commands and failed. I keep getting a message that says "Protocol major versions differ: 1 vs. 2"

Am I supposed to substitute the "~" symbol with my username? Is it something else I'm missing. I'm not very good with terminal.

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated, I'm SOOOOOOOOO close to getting flash working.

jmir

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2008
Trying to get Flash working in the new Couch Surfer. I have the appropriate files but am unable to move the CoreAudioKit.framework file over becuase of insufficient privelages.

I'm pretty sure I need to move it over via terminal (instead of transmit or cyberduck) but I used these commands and failed. I keep getting a message that says "Protocol major versions differ: 1 vs. 2"

Am I supposed to substitute the "~" symbol with my username? Is it something else I'm missing. I'm not very good with terminal.

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated, I'm SOOOOOOOOO close to getting flash working.

Not sure how many people know this but I found this great software called FUGU, its like ftp and allows you to copy and move files without any ssh

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15693

Let me know if this helps

Can anyone help me with the right kit to get flash running on appletv

Mak909090

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2009
here it is!

Here is the CoreAudioKit.framework that will work to make flash work, on the apple tv.

Use the command line, to move the file form your desktop folder (on the apple tv) to the frameworks folder. here is where I got messed up, after running the command lines the folder would not be in the desktop folder any more, but it did not show up in the frameworks folder!!! So i did the command lines 5 or 6 times, What i did not know was that the file, is hidden if you put in the the frameworks folder(LOL). So now i have 5 or 6 copys of the files in the frameworks folder. So run the command lines and go look at the apple tv browser. do not look for it in cyber duck or other SSH,FTP soft ware.

HiVolt is the guy that posted the file on

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r21849443-Network-Apple-TV-Tiger-File-neeeded

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.