Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:57 PM   #1
cycocelica
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to cycocelica
Creating Mailing Labels with Excel

So how exactly do you create mailing labels with Excel? I want to be able to print them on Avery mailing label stickers. Any help would be great.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 01:03 PM   #2
benoitgphoto
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycocelica View Post
So how exactly do you create mailing labels with Excel? I want to be able to print them on Avery mailing label stickers. Any help would be great.
Better to use Word for that as far as I'm concerned. There is a function especially for that.
benoitgphoto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2008, 01:07 PM   #3
scr1968
macrumors regular

Quote:
Like the previous poster said, Word is the way to go. Excel is generally used as the "data" part of a mail merge that would print labels in Word. Excel by itself would have a hard time printing labels unless you manually made a layout and typed in the data by hand - but that sounds like a waste of time.

SCR
scr1968 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2008, 01:26 PM   #4
cycocelica
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to cycocelica
Ok cool. I have all the data in an Excel spreadsheet, is there an easy way to transfer that data into word or do I just have to copy and paste?
Old Mar 26, 2008, 01:43 PM   #5
MacInTO
macrumors regular

Quote:
Ok cool. I have all the data in an Excel spreadsheet, is there an easy way to transfer that data into word or do I just have to copy and paste?
Run the mail merge function in word. it should be in one of the menus.
MacInTO is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store