Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Bubbles

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
If anyone is familiar with the full episode player on abc.com I could REALLY use some help here. Up until around yesterday everything was working perfectly on all the macs and pcs in my house. But now when I try to watch anything it will work all the way up to the actual show. It even plays the commercial, but will never play the show. It simply has a black screen with "loading" but it never loads. I have reinstalled flashplayer and the movevideo plugin and tried everything I can think of in all the major browsers on both tiger and windows xp including clearing caches deleting cookies etc. If anyone has experienced this and has found a solution, or if you can think of something I'm missing, PLEASE chime in...I have to get my Lost fix soon he he:)

Mr. Bubbles

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
It just started working right after I posted this, I's really weird. Maybe the problem wasn't on my end. Sorry I can't help you tobe,

wallshot

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2008
I experience this on my Dell WinXP Home machine too, so it's not mac-specific. It seems sporadic, it failed twice in firefox, then I tried in IE and it worked, but the next episode I tried then failed. Couple more tries and it worked again, but now its failing again. I'm suspecting it's on ABC's end, though I suppose it could be some flash issue...

wallshot

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2008
I'm suspecting it's on ABC's end, though I suppose it could be some flash issue...

Sure enough, after much frustration, flash version checking, browser restarting, and crossing of fingers, the ABC site now has an error up when I try to load the episode indicating that full episodes are temporarily unavailable. Guessing they haven't worked out all the kinks in their system yet.

sealeml

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2008
new to thread but am having problems with the abc player

Hi,

I am having the issue of not even being able to load the player. I have checked the security settings, and the enable java, enable jave-script, and enable plugins are all checked. And the pop-up blocker is not checked. The following is what happens when I go to install the player: I hit install and the little red bar goes all the way to the end and then nothing. I wait and wait for the window to open that says to select "trust", but that never happens. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
the only one I checked "Extreme Makeover" loaded the 5-28 episode fine using Firefox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.