Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glennbh122

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Okay, this is strange. I have reached a point where some artist names are not being listed in the menu. The albums are there. They appear in their playlist from iTunes. They can be manually placed in the On-the-Go playlist.

I have about 52 gigs of material, no where near the 80 gig lmit.

Does anyone know if there is a number limit to the menu display?

Thanks.

Glenn

glennbh122

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
More about iPod Classic ARTIST menu display problem...

This is a Mac formatted iPod Classic with 54.1 GB used, 20.2 GB free. It is Model MB147LL, Version 1.1.1 Mac.

No, the artist name is not mis-labeled. In fact, I have deliberately altered the name of the band so that it would appear higher up in the alphabetical list, rather than down in the "Y"s and it will still not display.

More recent music I have imported has displayed just fine. So it is not a Menu limit.

So, The Yardbirds, Ultimate! (2 CD) will not display in artist list. It displays in ALBUM list, in PLAYLIST and ON-THE-GO. Likewise, Yoko Ono is not displaying from Double Fantasy, but John Lennon is. It is seems to be something about the "Y"s, although Yo La Tengo is displaying.

Could it be some block or bug? This is really annoying.

Thanks for any response or suggestion.

Glenn

glennbh122

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
iPod Classic_Artist menu limit?

Thanks for the suggestion to restore. Unfortunately, I have already done that and the problem did not go away.

As far as the capacity issue, I continue to import new stuff and all is displayed just fine in the artist menu. The problem continues to be isolated to 'Y" artists, and the problem does not interfer with display in albums or playlist.

I am stumped.

Glenn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.