Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afd

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
hi, I can't seem to be able to type Chloe on my iPhone. Whenever I try to press the 'E' I get an 'R' keeping my thumb on the keyboard doesn't work either if I move my thumb to the 'E' it ignores it till I get to the 'W'. Can someone else try this? I thought I was just hitting the wrong key at first but it seems that the 'E' is disabled untill I get an 'R' and press backspace the 'E' then works properly. The auto correct feature changes Chlor to Chloe but it is very strange.

FunkyJunk

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Leesburg, VA, USA
When you hit the "e" the little box with the replacement word comes up. Hit the "x" on that box and it won't replace your word for you.

EDIT: Wow, that's weird. It actually won't let you choose the "e" OR the "t" when you've typed "Chlo"... That's a genuine bug, not a user error. My apologies.

mac17

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2006
umm... I just did although I see wat u mean the first time it didnt do it the second time I was able to drag my finger to "E" also if u hit it delibratley

afd

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
but if you type Chloe again it won't let you type an 'E' this time either untill you hit backspace and try again.
Wonder if there are any other words the phone doesnt like?

Bootsie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
Utah
It is letting me do it just fine (does r at first, but then lets me do e) this is in the notes app, and email. You do have to be deliberate though.

afd

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
It is letting me do it just fine (does r at first, but then lets me do e) this is in the notes app, and email. You do have to be deliberate though.

Not really letting you do it fine if it types an R first is it? I have tried it in the notes app and email too and the E doesn't work till you type the R then backspace. And I can be very deliberate when i want to. Still can't type my daughter's name though.

afd

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
Done that already thanks. Although you'd have thought that Chloe from 24 would have submitted a bug report before now . . .

daveym

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2008
hmmm odd my phone lets me type chloe fine..

I type c ... h ... l ... o and the autobox with 'chloe' comes up. I can either have this or type the 'e' as normal. Strange..I have 1.1.4 16gb iphone.

dave:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.