Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
all of a sudden, the sound on my iphone stopped working. music, ringtones, nada. the other weird problem is that none of my movies/videos will play either. they played just fine yesterday.

i noticed this while i was installing ebooks, bsd, and the 1.1.4 volume adjuster.

suggestions? i uninstalled ebooks and the volume adjuster, but can only reinstall bsd. tried resetting the phone and resyncing it numerous times. i'd rather not do the reset in the settings menu since i'd have to redo everything, but if that's what it takes...

SolRayz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale
Interestingly the same exact thing happened to my girls 1.1.4 jailbroken iphone today. Could not hear calls, ipod, or any other sounds. Before I read this thread I tried to restore it via itunes and got an error 1602 or 1601. I hope this is not going to be a problem in the future. I used Ziphone to jailbreak mine and hers so maybe were supposed to restore it there first. My phone has no issues. Very odd indeed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.