Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cafka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Hi everyone,
I bought an iPhone today with the intention of unlocking it and then eventually get it running on T-Zones.
I downloaded Ziphone and installed it with the .net framework. I plugged in the iPhone and iTunes told me to activate it which i declined. I then exited iTunes and went into Ziphone and clicked the do-it-all button. It only took about 1 minute and then i get the connect to iTunes graphic.
iTunes says that the phone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored. I did the iTunes restore and it's still in recovery mode. I've downloaded 1.1.3 manually and loaded it through iTunes and nothing. I even did the refurbish button on ziphone, which took almost an hour and nothing.
Oh yeah and now when i plug the iPhone in, iTunes doesn't recognize it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Tom

***Update

I bought my iphone from craigslist. I popped out the SIM card and the card says 3G on it. I'm fairly certain that the iPhone is not a 3G phone, at least not yet. Could this be the culprit?

EvilDoc

macrumors 6502a
Something similar happened to me yesterday. Are you running OS X or Windows? I eventually had to completely delete itunes (and all reference to it) and then reboot, then reinstall itunes. Then i let itunes restore and update to 1.1.4, if you get an unknown error 1015 that's normal, from there open Ziphone and unlock.

Cafka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
I'm running Windows XP. I think the problem is that there isn't enough charge in the phone to do anything on my computer. I always thought that when the USB cable is connected it also charged the device, but i guess not the iphone.

When you run Ziphone, do you have iTunes open at the same time?

Cafka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
I figured it out. I had to switch the phone to a different port and not use the dock and it restored.

Thanks everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.