Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin
<a href="http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nplm=FA896LL/A">Refurbished Macbook Pro</a>

Or a brand new Black Macbook without any upgrades.

The only differences that I care about are the different screen size and the difference in price. The difference between the hard drive capacities is not an issue for me.

if you don't care about hd differences why not just get a white macbook...its cheaper and the only difference would be standard hdd space which you said isn't that big of a deal. if you need the larger screen, get the mbp, if you don't mind the 2" smaller screen, i would suggest the middle of the line macbook, not the blackbook

jaredisme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
if you don't care about hd differences why not just get a white macbook...its cheaper and the only difference would be standard hdd space which you said isn't that big of a deal. if you need the larger screen, get the mbp, if you don't mind the 2" smaller screen, i would suggest the middle of the line macbook, not the blackbook
That makes more sense. I don't know why that didn't occur to me....

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
Ive posted this a few times, but occasionally you can get one model of the MBP for $1299 in the refurb store. It goes quickly, but Ive seen it on at least 3 separate occasions.

This is the model Ive seen there:

Attachments

• attachment.png
    attachment.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 69

closeupman

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2008
Ive posted this a few times, but occasionally you can get one model of the MBP for $1299 in the refurb store. It goes quickly, but Ive seen it on at least 3 separate occasions.

This is the model Ive seen there:

Yes, but you have to think whether that is really a deal or not. It's only got a gb installed. There's a NEWER generation 2.2 MBP with 2GB and NVDIA instead on ATI graphics for only $150 more.

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
Yes, but you have to think whether that is really a deal or not. It's only got a gb installed. There's a NEWER generation 2.2 MBP with 2GB and NVDIA instead on ATI graphics for only $150 more.

And ram is soooo expensive isnt it?

Im just saying, a MBP for $1299 is a pretty damn good deal next to any MB. You are comparing MBP to MBP. The OP was asking about a new MB vs a refurbed MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.