Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rablat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
Classified NSA intel
I am no writer so this is not a real review. Just a user sharing.

I picked up a Plantronics Discovery 925 BT headset
at the Apple store yesterday.
So far I have used it for about an 1.5hrs.
It is one of the best headsets so far I have used in a very long time.
Sound quality is supurb, My callers said they had no clue I was on a headset. Very comfortable fit aswell.
Noise canceling is also very good.
Headset has a feature (as do all the discovery models I believe) called AudioIQ it listens to the background sound processes it, and then deletes it from the conversation, and does it very well so far.
Package contains Headset, 3 piece fit kit, ac charger, usb charger and travel charging case (see pic).
You can attach the headset to the charging case on the go and give a full charge to headset once youve charged the case. kinda cool
Discovery925(Medium).jpg

thunderclap

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2003
I picked up a Plantronics Discovery 925 BT headset at the Apple store yesterday. It is one of the best headsets so far I have used in a very long time.

I was considering picking one of these up for the new iPhone 3G. I assume if this set works with the current iPhone then there is no reason it won't work with the 3G, correct?

Donz0r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2006
I was considering picking one of these up for the new iPhone 3G. I assume if this set works with the current iPhone then there is no reason it won't work with the 3G, correct?

Yes, any bluetooth headset will work.

The discovery 925 and the Jawbone II are the best bluetooth headsets available.

I'd recommend Jawbone II.
But personally I got Discovery 855 and a Stereo Bluetooth adapter for iPhone Sony BT8iP

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Another vote for the Plantronics Discovery 925.
Definately not the Jawbone. or the Jawbone 2

mitchwhite

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2008
Atlanta
Problems with 925 and Visual Voicemail?

Hi, after reading the great reviews I shelled out $120+ for a Plantronics 925. I just paired it to my 3G iPhone, but I haven't been able to get it to work with my visual voicemail. The headset is paired properly and works great on incoming and outgoing calls, but when I go to VM it doesn't show up as an option and will not activate. Instead of "audio" in the upper right hand corner, only "speaker" shows up as an option... I did some research online, it seemed like this was previously a problem but is supposedly solved now, but I am still experiencing it. Any suggestions? Thanks, Mitch

psf

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
Visual VM with Plantronic 925

If anyone finds the solution to the 925 working with visual voicemail please post it. I went to Plantronic and they told me that the headset does not support visual voicemail and they don't plan to support. I'm very disappointed if this is the case since the 925 is by far the best headset I've come across. I suppose I will have to try to Jawbone or something. Can someone confirm that the Jawbone supports visual voicemail? I have an older Motorola H3 and it supports VVM, and I got it for free with a phone purchase. I don't understand how Plantronics wants me to pay $130 for a headset and doesn't even support VVM.

semi5

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2007
If anyone finds the solution to the 925 working with visual voicemail please post it. I went to Plantronic and they told me that the headset does not support visual voicemail and they don't plan to support. I'm very disappointed if this is the case since the 925 is by far the best headset I've come across. I suppose I will have to try to Jawbone or something. Can someone confirm that the Jawbone supports visual voicemail? I have an older Motorola H3 and it supports VVM, and I got it for free with a phone purchase. I don't understand how Plantronics wants me to pay $130 for a headset and doesn't even support VVM.

Its not Plantronics, its apple. Apple removed the ability in the 2.0 software to use bluetooth headsets to listen to visual voicemail (though some headsets still work). According to one story, apple didnt like the implementation and is working on improving it. It works fine with my Apple bluetooth headset, but the 925 is a far better headset.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.