15" Al Powerbook Keyboard - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Nov 6, 2003, 08:28 PM   #1
jcgerm
macrumors member

15" Al Powerbook Keyboard

I just had the keyboard replaced on my powerbook and it does not feel very sturdy/solid. The left 1/2 is fine, but the right 1/2 has a spongy feel to it. It feels pretty loose. In fact, when I got it back from applecare, it wasn't even completely pressed down all the way. I had to snap it into place. Anyone have a problem similar to this?
jcgerm is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2003, 01:06 AM   #2
MacFan26
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Yahoo to MacFan26
that sounds weird, are you sure the keyboard is completely clicked in and everything? If not, take it back to the Apple Store, or send it back to AppleCare.
Old Nov 7, 2003, 05:46 AM   #3
jcgerm
macrumors member

I almost feels like the keyboard is not completely attached to the rest of the laptop. The keys on the right definately have a different feel that those on the left. It's kinda like the keyboard is slightly too big for the slot it fits in so it pops up in the middle...or at least the left part doesn't have the adhesive that the right part has. I guess I'll call Applecare again...kind of annoying though.

Last edited by jcgerm; Nov 7, 2003 at 06:01 AM.
jcgerm is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers