Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 30, 2008, 03:57 PM   #1
SdotK
macrumors newbie

iPhone merge calling doesnt work

hi, I just got my 16gb iPhone yesterday, I tried merge calling today but it wouldnt work, it would look like its about to work but then it wud go bk to one of the lines that isnt on hold. im on the 35 o2 plan, all legit stuff. i heard you might have to ring o2 to allow multiple calls? any help thanks.
SdotK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2008, 04:05 PM   #2
nickspohn
macrumors 68040

Are you doing it like this?

Someone calls you. You and this person are talking.
All of a sudden you get an incoming call. You need to either put the person you are talking to on hold, or just deny it.
When you put the current person you are on the phone with on hold, you start talking to the second person. Now is the time you can merge calls.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 04:58 PM   #3
scaredpoet
macrumors 603

Merge calls definitely works on AT&T. Maybe it is an O2 issue?
scaredpoet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2008, 05:46 PM   #4
Ninja Dom
macrumors 6502

Before you can merge calls you need to have Conference Calling enabled on your mobile phone account.

Ask your network provider to see if you have the facility as Merge calls won't work without it. It is not necessarily provided by default to some customers on some networks.

Once you have the facility then you can merge calls as explained above.
Ninja Dom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 09:43 AM   #5
Ryanhdd
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Ryanhdd
I have at&t and i tried to merge calls the other day and it would not work. What i did was call someone and then put them on hold and then called the other person and then tried to merge the calls and it would not work. anyone know why?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:41 AM   #6
SlapMonkey
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanhdd View Post
I have at&t and i tried to merge calls the other day and it would not work. What i did was call someone and then put them on hold and then called the other person and then tried to merge the calls and it would not work. anyone know why?
I think this was answered in the post directly above yours, no?
SlapMonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:42 AM   #7
Ryanhdd
macrumors regular

no it is enabled on my account. so it does not answer my question.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:50 AM   #8
SlapMonkey
macrumors regular

Quote:
no it is enabled on my account. so it does not answer my question.
Then you should try to give us more information next time so we can better help with your particular situation.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:55 AM   #9
Ryanhdd
macrumors regular

i read the above posts and took that into consideration when i made my post. so me checking my account was a given. sorry i did not spell it out for you.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 11:10 AM   #10
SlapMonkey
macrumors regular

Quote:
i read the above posts and took that into consideration when i made my post. so me checking my account was a given. sorry i did not spell it out for you.
Not really a given since so many people here on these forums don't take the time to actually read all the posts before they themselves make a [usually ignorant] post, which is exactly how yours came off sounding. Sorry for not being able to read your mind and know that you already checked your account (though I would double check it again because either your account doesn't allow conference calling or you are doing something wrong here, otherwise it should be working.)

But really, I am and would like to help, but it doesn't sound like you are looking for help when you come on with a snotty attitude and expect us to read your mind.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 03:56 PM   #11
Zianac
macrumors member

I know this is an old topic, but I just had the same problem. Turns out that Conference calling wasn't provisioned on my account. I eventually ended up calling AT&T and had them add that provision and it started working fine! Just thought I'd share...
Zianac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2008, 03:59 PM   #12
PYR0M310N
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to PYR0M310N Send a message via Yahoo to PYR0M310N Send a message via Skype™ to PYR0M310N
I have the exact same setup as you (16gb 3G with 35/month O2) and it works fine for me as long as you do have 2 calls already going to the iphone (one speaking, one on hold)
Pwned iPhone 3G 16gb; iPod 5.5 Gen 30gb
Last FM
PYR0M310N is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2009, 01:28 PM   #13
ttracy007
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapMonkey View Post
Not really a given since so many people here on these forums don't take the time to actually read all the posts before they themselves make a [usually ignorant] post, which is exactly how yours came off sounding. Sorry for not being able to read your mind and know that you already checked your account (though I would double check it again because either your account doesn't allow conference calling or you are doing something wrong here, otherwise it should be working.)

But really, I am and would like to help, but it doesn't sound like you are looking for help when you come on with a snotty attitude and expect us to read your mind.
Why are you being such a jerk to this guy? You're the one being snotty not him. It's great that you know a lot about the iphone and we're really grateful to you for helping us out, but maybe you could focus on being more helpful and less critical. The guy just wants to fix the problem not to be lectured by you.
ttracy007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting