Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
I was just curious where can you find the program to run folding@home for leopard?

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
Here's the download link:

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download

I'm burning up the list, started at 850+ and after like a week I'm up to 275, cos I just leave it running 24/7 ....I mean, it doesn't impact my machine at ALL when I'm using it, and it helps other people, so why not? :)

Hope this helps,

-Bryan

I tried running folding@home with the link you gave me and installed it but once I ran it my os froze.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
Weird, I dunno...I've installed all of the updates that have been available, and that client just works...

2378838025_0e608af6dd_b.jpg
The highlighted part is what I've d/led and installed... did you use the previous version??

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
My version is 6.10...there's no "beta" anywhere in there, but I'm sure it was a beta, cos I haven't been using it that long...it's *possible* it could've been beta1 1.5 weeks ago, but I think it's probably the same version. No problems at all.

-Bryan

amik

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2007
I tried running folding@home with the link you gave me and installed it but once I ran it my os froze.

Read the directions carefully. If you just install it and then go into applications and try to start the app, it will crash the system. You need to install it, then go into system preferences, select folding@home, configure it, and then start it from the system preferences window and it will sit there running in the background.

The site mentions they are still working on the graphics window and screensaver for the most current version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.