Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

howard

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2002
so what does everyone think will happen at MWSF this year?

i don't see many upgrades in the consumer lines, or even power lines.

Probably be g5xserves and new displays. but what else? A new product? A new piece of software? I'm thinking there may be something new coming.

howard

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2002
thats what makes me think it'll be somthing new...cause all the other lines have been upgraded recently...

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
I'll share my dream from yesterday...

a new imac, it looks like a single monitor, is a bit thicker, with every kind of ports you may need as a normal consumer, at the side one slot-in drive as combo or superdrive, just plug and play, with wireless KB and Mouse...(How does a mouse without tail look like?)... a nice white stand alone mac on my desk... maybe they will bring back the colors, I wish a blueberry...:D

That's all by now, I'm proud of my PB 12", but still need a desktop for home and will wait until next years, just think about:

in january... Xth, Apple computer will re-introduce .... and you will see why ... blablabla you know that, I go back to sleep... ;)

howard

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2002
interesting idea about the consumer towers...

they have expanded there laptop line and molded into almost on entity were the 12inch power picks up right were the ibook left off...it would be interesting to see them do that with a lower g5 tower at a cheap price picking up were the g4 imacs leave off...

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Re: I'll share my dream from yesterday...

Originally posted by AmigoMac
a new imac, it looks like a single monitor, is a bit thicker, with every kind of ports you may need as a normal consumer, at the side one slot-in drive as combo or superdrive, just plug and play, with wireless KB and Mouse...(How does a mouse without tail look like?)... a nice white stand alone mac on my desk... maybe they will bring back the colors, I wish a blueberry...:D

That's all by now, I'm proud of my PB 12", but still need a desktop for home and will wait until next years, just think about:

in january... Xth, Apple computer will re-introduce .... and you will see why ... blablabla you know that, I go back to sleep... ;)

i think a new imac would be a great way to start off macworld

20th anniversary of macintosh, new imac, and i hope an announcement of a G5 powerbook

now that would equalize the PC vs. mac debate:D

StudioGuy

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2003
I suspect a G5 speedbump isn't likely, since some folks are still have trouble getting the dual 2's delivered as I read on this board; but it still would be nice. :D

I agree something iMac-ish is likely, or something on a different path, but I'd like to see at least those new G5-matching monitors rumored.

It'll be interesting as always ...

stoid

macrumors 601
I personally don't think that we will see a PowerBook G5, the big-uns at Apple continue to say "awhile" and I would be upset if they did get the G5 shoe-horned in there by January as I just bought my AluBook. I want them to at least wait a year until the July MacWorld. I think that the G5 tower should be ready for a v2 or at least a decent price drop. New monitors are due and I hope they sport the Aluminum enclosures. As for software, Keynote needs a version 2, iChat AV needs to be beefed up hella since they are charging for it now, also Safari could use a small update of sorts, possibly a little iPhoto as well. Apple still has plenty of stuff to update, so there should be anyone in Cupertino doing crossword puzzles to pass the time right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.