Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Nov 8, 2003, 11:08 AM   #1
dozenist
macrumors newbie

Unhappy keyboard problem with panther install

I recently installed Panther retail on my 1 ghz eMac. I love panther but for some reason the volume keys and eject key on my keyboard no longer work. There is no beep, no picture, nothing. I know the cd tray is working and all the other keys work. Please, if you can help send me an email or something. I'd like to be able to open my cd drive.
dozenist is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2003, 11:40 AM   #2
LFrascogna
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to LFrascogna

I had a similar problem on a powerbook, but here was my fix. I did a upgrade on the computer. Then the "a" key and some others didn't work. It took me sec, but if you did an upgrade some programs may not function anymore, most notably, if you have synergy installed and set to open on startup (this was screwing up several computers). If you did a clean install I can't imagine what your problem is.
LFrascogna is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2003, 11:53 AM   #3
dozenist
macrumors newbie

so If I remove synergy the problem will stop?
dozenist is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers