Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karenflower

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
There's already thread about washed out videos in Firefox, which prompted me to see if there is a fix for the image problem yet - it used to bug me in FF2 how Safari would display the same images much more vibrantly, like this:

1424292900_96cd7420e5.jpg

Firefox 3 finally fixes this problem. :D Color profile support is enabled by switching 'gfx.color_management.enabled' to true in about:config (as explained here).

Hope this helps whoever finds it annoying too!

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
I realize this is a big concern for photographers. So they should be happy with the fix. Normal users probably ok with it since this only happen with certain type of pictures with certain type of color profiles.

Plus, there is a pending bug related to this, turning it on will cause color mismatch of firefox toolbar and title bar. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=403169 This bug has high priority, (p2), but is not a blocker for firefox 3, which means firefox 3 probably won't fix this mismatch...

karenflower

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Ah, thanks for the info about the bug. I hadn't noticed it since I've turned everything pink with Persona. ^^

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
nice, I have personas on my EEE PC's firefox 3.

anyway, this bug actually doesn't affect camino, so somebody will be happy, im sure.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    260.1 KB · Views: 67

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
just a headup. there is a fix landed today to fix this UI color mismatch when colormanagement turned on for firefox3. we should see the effect starting from tomorrow's nightly. as well as final version of fx3.

now everybody will be happy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.