Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iTone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
CA
The other day i was watching a movie and i noticed that my Macbooks screen was quite dark on the lower left corner. The right side is a little dark as well but the left side is such an eye sore. I do graphic work and this bother me constantly now. Is there something i can do?

pic: http://i27.tinypic.com/2eolg0i.jpg :(

iTone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
CA
This Macbook is only about a month and a half old. So it is under warranty still. Thanks for your replies, i just wanted to make sure i wasn't crazy for thinking something was wrong with it.

forafireescape

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
NJ
This Macbook is only about a month and a half old. So it is under warranty still. Thanks for your replies, i just wanted to make sure i wasn't crazy for thinking something was wrong with it.

Yeah, it definitely shouldn't be doing this at only a month and a half old...

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Perhaps I just got the cream of the crop, but my MacBook's display is very uniformly lit, very bright, has no defective pixels at all and has very little backlight bleed. Probably the nicest display on any Apple laptop I've had, including my previous original Core Duo MacBook Pro (G3 Pismo, TiBook G4, 12" PBG4, 15" MBP, 13" MB).

Burnsey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
I don't think you have to worry. these displays take time to warm up to full brightness, and some areas brighten up slower than others. Wait until your display is fully warmed up and then look, if it is still like that then it is defective.

I have something similar with my MBP, the left side of the screen is noticeably dimmer than the right side when the display is warming up, but once it's warmed up everything is uniform.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.