Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Apr 7, 2008, 12:45 AM   #1
theknightshift
macrumors newbie

Bible software for iPod?

Does anyone know of any good software that puts the entire Bible on an iPod? I had the idea last week while in church and realizing that I'd forgotten my own Bible, and thought how neat it might be to have it on an iPod to carry around wherever I go. Not talking about an audio/spoken word version, just something that contains the text itself and is easily navigable by book, chapter etc.

I searched Google but can't seem to find much in the way of this. Surely someone has come up with this already, right? Am hoping somebody might tell me where I can find it
theknightshift is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2008, 01:06 AM   #2
AoWolf
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to AoWolf
Not sure about a normal iPod, but I think its very safe to assume you will see bible software for the touch when the app store goes public.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 01:37 AM   #3
iPhil
macrumors 68030

Location: A$$hat free location,and helping Mac bring back teh sexy-ness era back
Send a message via AIM to iPhil
Here's the software for ya: Bible on da' iPod...
iPhil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 04:19 AM   #4
theknightshift
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestions y'all

The best thing that I've been able to find so far is a neat (and free!) app called podBible. Unfortunately because of firmware limits on the iPod (am using an 80 gig Classic) it can't fit the entire Bible on it... but it can put the entire New Testament along with Psalms and Proverbs on the iPod, in an easy-to-navigate format!

Just passin' along the word to anyone else who might be looking to put the Bible on their iPods Maybe someday and if they start boasting enough gigs of flash storage I'll spring for an iPod touch, which should have better firmware that can accommodate the full text of the Bible (and multiple versions would be nice) but in the meantime, this looks to be a good option to consider.
theknightshift is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 08:12 AM   #5
Eauboy
macrumors regular

The full text of the (King James version) Bible isn't really all that big. Under five megs. You've probably got songs on there that are larger.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod