Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theknightshift

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Does anyone know of any good software that puts the entire Bible on an iPod? I had the idea last week while in church and realizing that I'd forgotten my own Bible, and thought how neat it might be to have it on an iPod to carry around wherever I go. Not talking about an audio/spoken word version, just something that contains the text itself and is easily navigable by book, chapter etc.

I searched Google but can't seem to find much in the way of this. Surely someone has come up with this already, right? Am hoping somebody might tell me where I can find it :)

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
Not sure about a normal iPod, but I think its very safe to assume you will see bible software for the touch when the app store goes public.

theknightshift

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Thanks for the suggestions y'all :)

The best thing that I've been able to find so far is a neat (and free!) app called podBible. Unfortunately because of firmware limits on the iPod (am using an 80 gig Classic) it can't fit the entire Bible on it... but it can put the entire New Testament along with Psalms and Proverbs on the iPod, in an easy-to-navigate format!

Just passin' along the word to anyone else who might be looking to put the Bible on their iPods :) Maybe someday and if they start boasting enough gigs of flash storage I'll spring for an iPod touch, which should have better firmware that can accommodate the full text of the Bible (and multiple versions would be nice) but in the meantime, this looks to be a good option to consider.

Eauboy

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Washington, DC
The full text of the (King James version) Bible isn't really all that big. Under five megs. You've probably got songs on there that are larger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.