Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wedge234

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
San Francisco
I only am asking this because I'm curious as to what happened my ipod a couple years back. A couple of years ago, I placed my ipod in the dock to charge it before I went to bed, everything normal. I had treated the thing with the utmost care, never dropping it, always had it in a case. In perhaps the most bizarre thing I've seen with any electronic item, I woke up to find the inner screen was cracked in a spiderweb fashion. I could barely see what I was looking at and it still played, but the screen looked like it had shattered. It's important to note I had one of those dual USB/firewire cables and had the firewire hooked up to my PC and the USB hooked up to the wall charger (considering there was nothing to advise me against doing so except maybe common sense, but college doesn't allow for that). After all this, I called up apple to see what could be done, and it took me many reps and supervisors before someone believed that I hadn't dropped it.

So, just because curiousity has gotten the better of me, what happened? Design flaw? Improperly plugging it in?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.