Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigBurd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2002
The Beautiful Berkshires
I feel stupid. For some reason, I cannot get my iTunes to play just one song at a time. Instead, my iTunes software wants to keep playing every song on the list.

Any suggestions?

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
I don't think there is a "play this song and stop" command in iTunes. I've always wanted something like that, but it's pretty minor really. One thing that does work is playing the song out of your main library, then switch to any other playlist after the song starts. When it finishes, iTunes will stop playing. If you play from any playlist other than your main library, this will not work.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Use the search field in the upper right and type out the song's name. This will result in one song showing up in the song list.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
no, he wants it to play the song once and stop. wait for him to pick a new song. i'd like that too, unfortunately they didn't implement it. usually there's a button for just "1", which works with the repeat button to repeat a song or just play it, or repeat all.

sorry...

pnw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.