Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Nov 10, 2003, 01:51 PM   #1
jxyama
macrumors 68040

iPod, FWHD and PB

anyone smart out there who can help me out?

i have an iPod, FWHD and PB 12" (with one FW port).

when i clean installed Panther, i backed up my music collection like this:

1) music i like to listen to often from my computer. these were copied to my PB HD (with panther) and FWHD partition where clone of my jaguar sits.

2) music i like to have, but won't listen too much. these were backed up to FWHD partition just for music.

now, the problem with this configuration is... it's now a pain in the butt to add songs from 2) to my iPod because my PB 12" only has one FW port!

anyone has a smart way to get around this short of buying a FW hub?
jxyama is offline   0
Old Nov 10, 2003, 02:22 PM   #2
Rower_CPU
Moderator emeritus

Nope.

You're pretty much stuck manually moving files around and plugging/unplugging w/out a hub.
Old Nov 10, 2003, 02:36 PM   #3
jxyama
macrumors 68040

dang it... i kinda figured. didn't think it through when i made those partitions...

i guess what i can do for now is to do it once manually, fill up most of my ipod with music i might listen to and that's that...

jxyama is offline   0
Old Nov 10, 2003, 02:55 PM   #4
macstudent
macrumors 6502

Does your FWHD have two ports? My firewire has two on the back for daisy chains. This way you can plug your ipod into your FWHD when you have it plugged into your mac
Old Nov 10, 2003, 03:05 PM   #5
jxyama
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally posted by macstudent
Does your FWHD have two ports? My firewire has two on the back for daisy chains. This way you can plug your ipod into your FWHD when you have it plugged into your mac
unfortunately, no... i do have an USB port, but the port doesn't supply enough power to my HD so it doesn't work... plus it's a USB 1 port on the PB 12" so it would dog slow...

i *might* have found an Applescript to accomplish this a little less painfully... maybe.
jxyama is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers