Need help with iMic into Keyboard - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Nov 10, 2003, 06:18 PM   #1
MacDuff
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to MacDuff
Need help with iMic into Keyboard

Hey everyone,
Can someone help me understand how I can record from my keyboard directly to my Powerbook? I've gone through the gauntlet and still can't figure it out.

I'm using an iMic usb from pb, plugging a headphone-to-quarter" patch adapter, then routing a patch cord from there into the output of the keyboard. I've configured all of the settings in the System preferences to the iMic settings. But there's no signal and no sign of sound when I play the keyboard. What's the catch? Can't I use iMic for this or is there something else I need to use? Has anyone else figured this out? I'm trying to directly record into Soundtrack.

Thanks for the help, it's much needed.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers