Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Apr 12, 2008, 08:01 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Mozilla boss takes a bite out of Apple over Safari

Category: Apple Software
Link: Mozilla boss takes a bite out of Apple over Safari
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Apr 12, 2008, 03:15 PM   #2
Flail
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to Flail Send a message via Yahoo to Flail
In all of this hullabaloo has anybody noticed that Apple has been doing this for a while in the other direction? I downloaded Safari for Windows on my computer at work as soon as it was available. Naturally, I opted to include Software Update in my download as it has served me well at home. Ever since then, every time Software Update alerted me to a Safari or Quicktime update, iTunes was included on the list, already checked. Having no need for iTunes on my work computer, I simply uncheck it. I found it somewhat annoying and a bit pushy and I still find it odd that there is no option to opt out of further notifications, but I have never thought it was malicious or on the order of spyware. As far as I am concerned, you should always take at least a brief look at what an updater is downloading for you. This is why you see some Windows users with ten different toolbars in their Internet Explorer. No idea what's happening in front of them.
Flail is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion