Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:17 AM   #1
micvog
macrumors 6502

Good reference for AppleScript?

I have decided to buy an eMac to replace my PC and I am in the process of identifying the Mac equivalent of my PC software.

One thing I would like to do is automatically send a daily e-mail to a distribution list. I would have the e-mails in a drafts-type folder and want to use a program/script to send these at a specified time. I am thinking that AppleScript and Mail would be perfect for this task.

Does anyone know a good reference for AppleScript, and whether this is possible? I have a lot of VB background. If not, is there a (shareware) app available to do this?

Thanks.
Michael

P.S. If anyone has advice on the SuperDrive vs. ComboDrive eMac, I would appreciate it. I would only use the SuperDrive for data backup - which I am assuming is not a problem on Panther.
micvog is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion