Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lihume

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2008
Hi!

In my opinion I really have witnessed a strange behaviour of my iPod.

2 Weeks ago, I synced my iPod and when it was ready I wanted to eject it. So I did it using iTunes and suddenly the iPod rebooted but didn't succeed. It ended with a strange sound from the harddisk. It did it again and again and again. So I resumed that my harddisk crashed.

Luckily I had guarantee so I got I new one.

I did an update, which worked fine, I synced the iPod again and ejected it afterwards... so waht happened then? Again it tried to reboot without any reasson, making again this strange sound... there is no way to reset the iPod so it is borken again.

That can't be an accident that it happende two time after each other!!!

So what could be the problem, how can the software or whatever destroy my iPod. This is kind of frustrating and I have no idea what to do!!!

Any ideas or suggestions?

Dino451

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
can you go into disk mode? If you can do a restore on your ipod and try again. I had the same crashing problem before but my problem turned out to be a corrupted song in my library that randomly became corrupted and caused the crashes. It took a while to find it but once i found it the text( i.e. title, artist. etc) was random characters. I have also seen this when the battery was too low.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.