Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Nov 11, 2003, 04:52 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Steve Jobs on Longhorn

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Steve Jobs on Longhorn

Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Nov 11, 2003, 05:48 PM   #2
mac15
macrumors 68040

The Jaguar/Longhorn comparision is awesome He does seem to talk about how good Mac OS X is
mac15 is offline   0
Old Nov 11, 2003, 07:59 PM   #3
ITR 81
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to ITR 81
Funny part after reading the comments that Longhorn is actually named after a bar in Canada...LOL

And even if it was named after a cow..I would LOL as well. Because a cow isn't that bright which leads me to believe Longhorn isn't very bright either.
ITR 81 is offline   0
Old Nov 11, 2003, 09:03 PM   #4
Marble
macrumors 6502a

"Longhorn is their Mac OS X". Well, I was kind of hoping that they wouldn't get that far. Whether or not it's going to be difficult for them, they'll eventually get it down. Apple needs another trump card if Mac OS X in its current incarnation can't outclass Longhorn in every way. What's going to be the new feature/innovation? What's going on inside the Apple?
Marble is offline   0
Old Nov 11, 2003, 10:01 PM   #5
punter
macrumors 6502

"look at how much faster we can go" - Steve Jobs. Hmm maybe I should make that my signature?

There's a lengthy post war going on after that article. I couldn't be bothered reading half of it. I'm not concerned with trying to prove which os/platform is better. I've tried (and have to use) them all and I prefer this one, even at 3% market share. If others don't, that's fine by me.
punter is offline   0
Old Nov 12, 2003, 08:26 AM   #6
1macker1
Banned

If steve thinks Longhorn will only be where Jaguar is at currently, he's foolish.

Do he really think OS X is that far ahead of XP. I mean really.
1macker1 is offline   0
Old Nov 12, 2003, 12:42 PM   #7
mrsebastian
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to mrsebastian
what'll be really interesting is how well longhorn will get along with pc apps. i always hear my pc friends moaning and groaning when they gotta install new software and/or hardware. this driver doesn't work, there's support in xp for this card, etc.
Old Nov 12, 2003, 02:01 PM   #8
1macker1
Banned

Yeah how it works with apps will be interesting. Cause i know when OS X first came out, most of the apps use to boot up in OS9 Classic, i'll take a while, but they will get there.
1macker1 is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2003, 12:16 PM   #9
scat999999
macrumors member

Great, so when Longhorn comes out, it will have an embedded version of XP...>

to handle the older programs? Wow, talk about bloatware.

Quote:
Originally posted by 1macker1
Yeah how it works with apps will be interesting. Cause i know when OS X first came out, most of the apps use to boot up in OS9 Classic, i'll take a while, but they will get there.
scat999999 is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2003, 11:59 PM   #10
MrMacMan
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to MrMacMan
hehe.

Steve is funny.

good comment about the building an 9 story apartment.

Now if more people will switch...
IM Me On AIM Already!
MrMacMan is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion