Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:14 PM   #1
freshstart
macrumors newbie

Change License Name in Office for Mac 2008?

I just installed Office for Mac 2008 and after my name it picked up another line of data. I'm not sure if it propagated and I missed it, or what happened. Anyway, I tried to uninstall and reinstall Office, and also tried emptying the trash before the reinstall. However, I cannot get the screens to come up that ask for the product key and name so that I can correct this. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!
freshstart is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 02:21 PM   #2
merl1n
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
I just installed Office for Mac 2008 and after my name it picked up another line of data. I'm not sure if it propagated and I missed it, or what happened. Anyway, I tried to uninstall and reinstall Office, and also tried emptying the trash before the reinstall. However, I cannot get the screens to come up that ask for the product key and name so that I can correct this. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!
Uninstall Office again and then remove the com.microsoft.<name>.plist files in your <user home directory>/Library/Preferences directory.

Examples of Office are:

com.microsoft.setupassistant.plist
com.microsoft.Word.plist
com.microsoft.Powerpoint.plist
etc.

Then reinstall Office and run the Setup Assistant.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 04:17 AM   #3
Harjiv
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by merl1n View Post
Uninstall Office again and then remove the com.microsoft.<name>.plist files in your <user home directory>/Library/Preferences directory.

Examples of Office are:

com.microsoft.setupassistant.plist
com.microsoft.Word.plist
com.microsoft.Powerpoint.plist
etc.

Then reinstall Office and run the Setup Assistant.
I have a related problem. com.microsoft.(name) files are not available with me in the preferences folder. I am facing the same problem. What do I do ?
Harjiv is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help