Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Apr 13, 2008, 07:43 PM   #1
Madlyinsane
macrumors newbie

Computers not appearing in networks

Hi. I'm trying to set up a network between my mack book pro, running of OS X Leopard 10.5.2, and my windows desktop running on XP. I've enabled SMB sharing on my mac, and tried to create te network over a peer to peer connection. It all worked ok for about 30 seconds, until my PC disconnected briefly, I reconnected it, but it isn't showing up in the network panel on my mac, does any one know what went wrong?

Cheers
~Madlyinsane
Madlyinsane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:14 PM   #2
Lawrence123
macrumors newbie

I network my mac and pc. My mac can do a great job of seeing what is on the PC as long as those have the share feature on. But I find it to be a pain to have the mac recognized by my PC. The way i got my PC to see the mac is to use the address that is given at the bottom of the window when you check the windows sharing from system preferences/sharing.
Lawrence123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking