Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rckstwrz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I used to work Apple retail, which is nice because they gave us a free .Mac account. Well, I don't work there anymore and I'm not convinced I want to pay $100 a year for it anymore, especially when so many of its features are available for free elsewhere. I can find a solution for just about all the features except two: the Sync and the iDisk.

Sync
I use an iMac, MacBook, and Powerbook fairly regularly, so it's very important to me that my addressbook, calendar, mail accounts, and bookmarks stay in sync. Is there a free way to do this over the internet?

iDisk
I know there are options for free online storage, but the thing that I love about the iDisk is that I can access it from the finder, and I can sync it to a local copy of it so that I don't need an internet connection to access it. I be be on a plane, work on a Pages file, save it to the iDisk, get a web connection, sync it, and it automatically gets synced to my iMac at home as well. Oh, and I can easily access it from a web browser, which is nice. Does anyone have any alternatives to that as well?

I'm sure that this has been discussed in other threads, I just didn't find any that were too recent, and I wonder if anything new has come out lately that I don't know about. Thanks for your input!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.