Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Apr 14, 2008, 08:12 PM   #1
XP Defector
macrumors 6502

MacBook trackpad button not working?

Hey I just received my MacBook from overseas, I haven't used it in a year. Anyway, it was well packed and it's working fine with absolutely no signs of damage. Accept for the track pad button not working - any ideas? Perhaps I've disabled it and forgot I did (and how to reactivate it again).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
XP Defector is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 08:30 PM   #2
ki2594
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to ki2594
Quote:
Originally Posted by XP Defector View Post
Hey I just received my MacBook from overseas, I haven't used it in a year. Anyway, it was well packed and it's working fine with absolutely no signs of damage. Accept for the track pad button not working - any ideas? Perhaps I've disabled it and forgot I did (and how to reactivate it again).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
by trackpad button do u mean the actual "clicker" or like wen i activate to trackpad to click when u tap it?
ki2594 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 08:42 PM   #3
XP Defector
macrumors 6502

Yeah the trackpad works fine, I just mean the big oblong button beneath it. THanks.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 09:43 PM   #4
XP Defector
macrumors 6502

Weird, it won't seem to work in windows (either booted through bootcamp or through parallels). The only thing I can think of that is different since I last used it is that my old man forgot to ship the battery (cheers dad!) so I'm running it straight of the mains - this couldn't make a difference though surely?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 11:34 PM   #5
bluedoggiant
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to bluedoggiant
Quote:
Originally Posted by XP Defector View Post
Weird, it won't seem to work in windows (either booted through bootcamp or through parallels). The only thing I can think of that is different since I last used it is that my old man forgot to ship the battery (cheers dad!) so I'm running it straight of the mains - this couldn't make a difference though surely?
Well if you removed the battery or something, you may have messed up the trackpad, you can see the trackpad from underneath of the macbook when the battery is removed.

Haswell MacBook Pro 15" - 16GB - 2.3GHz - 512GB - dGPU
Mid-2007 iMac 24" - 4GB - 2.8GHz - .5TB
Gold 64GB iPhone 5s
bluedoggiant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2008, 01:46 AM   #6
XP Defector
macrumors 6502

Hmmm I really not sure how but I suppose that is possible - any other suggestions? I suppose it not wanting to work in XP indicates it is a hardware problem... ****.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 03:32 AM   #7
XP Defector
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedoggiant View Post
Well if you removed the battery or something, you may have messed up the trackpad, you can see the trackpad from underneath of the macbook when the battery is removed.
You were right man, I've fixed the problem now thanks for the heads up. If you look underneath the trackpad in the battery compartment, you can see a copper wire that extends from a circular indent in the metal. Well I just pushed this in with a unlit cigarette and now it seems to work again, werid.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook