Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Nov 12, 2003, 11:08 AM   #1
eseel
macrumors newbie

How do I connect two macs

I own an old 450 dual g4 with Jaguar and a new dual 1.42 with Panther. I want to transfer files from the old g4 to the new. I shut the old system down, connected the two via firewire and started the old machine while holding down T like I have in the past. Instead of the firewire symbol appearing the old mac begins to power up and then shuts down. Can anyone tell me how I can transfer the files? Thanks in advance ,
Erik
eseel is offline   0
Old Nov 12, 2003, 11:21 AM   #2
stoid
macrumors 68040

Connect the two via ethernet, and log-in to one computer from the other. I don't know if Apple uses the same card in their desktop computers, but I know that in my PowerBook the card has the technology built in so that you do not need a hub or cross-over cable or anything like that.

It is puzzling though that booting with the T button held down does not work.
stoid is offline   0
Old Nov 12, 2003, 12:08 PM   #3
1macker1
Banned

make sure the cable is X-over.
1macker1 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers