Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Apr 15, 2008, 11:16 AM   #1
zielvis
macrumors newbie

Firewire interface guitar input problem

Hello Everybody,

I'd like to ask You for help: when I plug a guitar to the dedicated input on my Tascam Fireone it sends the signal to the right channel instead of left (as in all mono devices I know). The result is that I have no input at all when I make a track mono or it's hard panned right when stereo.

Is there a way to change it somewhere: in OS settings, in Logic or in Tascam? I'm using a MacBook with Tiger and Logic Express 8.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Regards,

Marcin
zielvis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2008, 03:52 AM   #2
fernmeister
macrumors regular

Yes, the guitar input is wired to the right channel, you see that in the block diagram in the manual (on tascam's site).

Normally, you would adjust the input to stereo or mono in the interfaces own controller software. Look for a mono button, or a button that allows you to link the two channels.
fernmeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio