Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Apr 15, 2008, 03:28 PM   #1
swimlikehell
macrumors member

Question about file authorization

I have an updater which prompts the user for authorization, but it seems when it updates the files the new files are set with the admin authorization. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this sort of application and can give me some suggestions of the authorization flags or anything I need to do for this to work. I used the example on apples web site:

developer.apple.com/documentation/Security/Conceptual/authorization_concepts/03authtasks/chapter_3_section_4.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP30000995-CH206-TPXREF33

To get what I currently have. any suggestions would be much appreciated.
swimlikehell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2008, 03:39 PM   #2
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimlikehell View Post
but it seems when it updates the files the new files are set with the admin authorization.
What's wrong with that?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 03:55 PM   #3
swimlikehell
macrumors member

If they do not have write privileges to the app they are updating the privileges should stay the same for that app.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 04:05 PM   #4
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Ah, I see what your saying.

As a command line "hack" you could call chmod afterwards to set the correct permissions, but there may be a better way.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 04:23 PM   #5
swimlikehell
macrumors member

I meant to say the new files have root privileges not admin privileges, I am aware of the chmode command line command but I was looking for an idea that I can put in my code not a hack. Thank you for your help.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming