Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Apr 15, 2008, 04:08 PM   #1
Delta608
Banned

"Don't Have Permissions" question !!!!

On my home network I am running Win XP on a desktop and Leopard on my MBP...I see both my Windows computer in finder and my MacBook Pro from my Windows network..Recently when copying file(s) from a sharing folder on windows to my MBP desktop, I get the message, that I don't have permissions to read/or write or something like that and it wont any longer copy..I don't know where the prob is, my MBP or Desktop (Windows)..Any ideas..??
Delta608 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2008, 05:49 PM   #2
Delta608
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta608 View Post
On my home network I am running Win XP on a desktop and Leopard on my MBP...I see both my Windows computer in finder and my MacBook Pro from my Windows network..Recently when copying file(s) from a sharing folder on windows to my MBP desktop, I get the message, that I don't have permissions to read/or write or something like that and it wont any longer copy..I don't know where the prob is, my MBP or Desktop (Windows)..Any ideas..??
I think I may have found the answer... If anyone is interested, it seems since installing Leopard I had to change the log-in settings so I would not have to enter a pw each time...I gave read-write authority to guest and it seems to work...So the prob was on the Apple side..!!
Delta608 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking