Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Apr 15, 2008, 05:54 PM   #1
Spike099
macrumors regular

UITabBar Badge Bug?

I've setup a nice little tabBar with a tabBarItem that set's its badgeValue to a particular number.

It all works fine, but if I click the badge itself, nothing happens, I have to click outside the badge area to invoke the tabBarItem. Is this a bug, or a feature? I can't imagine wanting to set a separate action when pressing the badge, it's way to small for a finger.

Should I or has anyone filed this bug?
Cocoa Developer
Spike099 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2008, 02:30 AM   #2
aatif
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike099 View Post
I've setup a nice little tabBar with a tabBarItem that set's its badgeValue to a particular number.

It all works fine, but if I click the badge itself, nothing happens, I have to click outside the badge area to invoke the tabBarItem. Is this a bug, or a feature? I can't imagine wanting to set a separate action when pressing the badge, it's way to small for a finger.

Should I or has anyone filed this bug?
I think the badge value is just an indication (of missed calls, new SMSs, etc.), it doesn't support any separate action like the actual tabbar item.
aatif is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming