Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Apr 15, 2008, 07:57 PM   #1
ITASOR
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to ITASOR
iPod Nano doesn't turn on unless reset?

I have a 2GB black iPod Nano (1G). It works perfect but once I hold play/pause to shut it off, it will not come back on by pushing keys.

If I reset it (hold on/off, menu+center) then it turns on and works perfect...until the next time I hold play/pause to shut it off. Then it won't turn back on again unless it's reset. Even plugging it in doesn't get it to turn on...only resetting.

Here is what I have tried so far:
-Complete discharge/recharge
-Restore through iTunes
-Resetting the iPod
-Running diagnostic tests by holding previous+center while reboot. All tests passed.
-Opened iPod and checked battery voltage...battery is good.

I don't know what else to try. Any ideas? Hate to get rid of this thing when it works perfect other than turning on the right way.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 12:15 PM   #2
ITASOR
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to ITASOR
If I reset the iPod and get it to turn on, then plug it into the computer to charge and hold play/pause to turn it off, it WILL wake up and turn back on just by pressing any key.

Because it only does that while plugged in (computer's power), I think I will replace the battery and see if that helps.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:43 AM   #3
angila
macrumors newbie

It's quite strange but the battery was draining quickly before I did this at around 50% of remaining juice, and since then it's been draining very slowly indeed. I've no idea what the issue was.

Oh, and I also switched down the backlight about a notch or two. I think the PRAM reset might have reset the backlight optimisation, because I don't think it was happening previously.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod