Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacPro-T

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Holland
sorry if this thread already exist but i don't had the time to find it out and i'm not in the mood.

I got a seriously problem with my sound on my Macbook Pro.
When i open a software (Traktor Dj Studio, or Ableton Live 7) what i use to play and make music my sound 'stuck' and sounds very ugly.

I already reboot my mac and installed everything all over again and i hope everything will be fine again but its not.

I still have the same problem.
All my software is original i installed everything clearly and i tried with 2 different soundcards (Ozone interface and Audio 8 ) but still sound stuck

Is it a hardware problem or software i dont know what to do to fix it.

sorry my english is not so great who can help me out of it ?

thank you so much

faintember

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
the ruins of the Cherokee nation
By the sound being stuck do you mean the volume gets stuck so that it can not be changed?

If thats the case then try deleting or moving the preference files for the programs that cause the problem. I recommend moving the current files to the desktop or some other place so you can place them back in their original places if this does not work.

The preferences should probably be in user/Library/Preferences and should look similar to "com.abelton.live.plist" or something of the sort.

This used to happen randomly for me with Max/MSP, and trashing/moving the prefs for the program worked for it.

MacPro-T

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Holland
the volume is good everything works, but when i play something with this programs (traktor or ableton) the sound stuck and sounds crispy like a streaming that is not buffered enough or a damaged speaker.

and also by ableton my CPU stands on '4' when nothing is going on, maby it is a problem with the cpu options.

Only with music software it does this strange thing. Because everything else works perfect.

MacPro-T

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Holland
I was surfing on internet and somebody say

you must Turn off Airport

and seriously my sound on my mac doesnt stuck anymore

but it is still strange why my sound stuck when my Airport is on and when i turn it off my sound doesnt stuck

what can help to fix this problem now?

I want to produce music with my Airport on
because now i have to put it off

i want to do both of them

is there anyone who can help me??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.