Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Feb 15, 2009, 09:20 PM   #51
slieu92
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTracz View Post
How do you read lyrics? Sorry I am new to the whole Ipod thing.
tap once on the album art
slieu92 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:40 PM   #52
Ivan P
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to Ivan P
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermurphy View Post
Ah, thank you for the response. That seems like such a weird omission on Apple's part. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about the lack of native support for data storage. Or maybe they did when it first came out? I guess I'm a little late to the party.
There was A LOT of bitching when the touch first came out about this. The only "valid" reason I've ever known of is that it makes it ever-so-slightly harder to jailbreak without disk use being enabled. I don't have any proof to back this up, it's just the only real thing that makes sense.
Ivan P is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 07:35 AM   #53
VietlOtUs
macrumors member

This is soooo helpful. Thank you!
VietlOtUs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2009, 01:25 PM   #54
rwriTouch
macrumors newbie

Wow - just when you think you know it all...thanks!
rwriTouch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2009, 04:13 PM   #55
mattandlil
macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the tips. I have blue bullet points by some of my tv seasons in my library and some don't. I'm trying to sync my touch with a season and failing. Plenty of disk space. Can you think of something I'm forgetting to do.
mattandlil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2009, 07:01 PM   #56
Ivan P
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattandlil View Post
Thanks for all the tips. I have blue bullet points by some of my tv seasons in my library and some don't. I'm trying to sync my touch with a season and failing. Plenty of disk space. Can you think of something I'm forgetting to do.
The blue bullet points mean it is an unwatched season/episode - this will disappear once you watch it either in iTunes or on the iPod.
Make sure that your iPod is set to sync ALL tv shows/movies. It seems that it is currently set to only sync unwatched ones.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 07:35 AM   #57
mattandlil
macrumors newbie

syncing

Thanks, also forgot to check mark the episodes in the library and had the "sync only checked items" marked in the summary.
mattandlil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2009, 07:49 PM   #58
niblum10
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan P View Post
- .?123 DRAG - If you only want to get a single character from the non-Alpha list. For example if you are need to type "A1", to type the "1" you can click the .?123 button and without lifting your finger go to the "1". After you lift your finger, the "1" will be typed and the keyboard will automatically revert back to the "ABC" mode without needing to click on the "ABC" button again.
Thanks. This tip has been extremely helpful.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 06:09 PM   #59
MrsJdepp
macrumors newbie

Itouch facebook

hey people,
um im on my itouch and im on the facebook app, but i dont know how to tag people in photos....
is it even possible? is so, can someone please tell me how to!
greatly appreciate!
MrsJdepp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2009, 06:41 PM   #60
Ivan P
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJdepp View Post
hey people,
um im on my itouch and im on the facebook app, but i dont know how to tag people in photos....
is it even possible? is so, can someone please tell me how to!
greatly appreciate!
If you upload a photo from the iPod, there is a screen asking you to tag; to tag, you touch part of the screen which briefly turns into a white dot, then a list of your friends appears from which you can select who you want to be tagged.
In an existing photo, I've had some sort of success by swiping up or down on the screen with my finger, which brings up the Tag controls.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 01:23 PM   #61
whrocky5092
macrumors newbie

Im diggin the genius feature thats pretty beastly
whrocky5092 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2009, 08:49 AM   #62
mlandis
macrumors newbie

Angry Move iTouch audio-in recording to computer?

On my old iPod I could record quality sound, plug it into my computer and the recordings would automatically upload to my iTunes for use. How do I get the recordings on my iTouch?
mlandis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:58 AM   #63
azhkr
macrumors newbie

itouch purchase

Hi,
I'm looking to buy an itouch the buyer's guide says wait. Now everything I've read indicates this is a firmware/software upgrade so won't I be able to download it when it comes out? Is there any good reason to wait?
Thanks
azhkr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2009, 03:06 AM   #64
Ivan P
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhkr View Post
Hi,
I'm looking to buy an itouch the buyer's guide says wait. Now everything I've read indicates this is a firmware/software upgrade so won't I be able to download it when it comes out? Is there any good reason to wait?
Thanks
The "update" thing is based around the average between major hardware updates, software isn't necessarily a factor. It says there will be an update soon solely because of the fact that in February last year, halfway between the original release and the release of the 2nd gen, Apple introduced the 32GB model; thus on average there is an update every 6 months. This doesn't, however, mean that there necessarily WILL be a hardware update any time in the next few months.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 09:34 AM   #65
jharmening
macrumors newbie

movie and podcasts not found

A rented movie and some podcasts not showing up on touch when downloaded from itunes on my macbook pro. itunes/itouch dialogue box seems to indicate the files transfer, but they simply arent showing up in video file..... funny thing is some files appear while others dont. any advice would be appreciated. thanks.
jharmening is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 09:51 PM   #66
tuzed
macrumors newbie

Bluetooth

Second generation touch will have bluetooth enabled as soon as 3.0 comes out. The first has a different receiver with no bluetooth support.
Old May 3, 2009, 09:52 PM   #67
tuzed
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandis View Post
On my old iPod I could record quality sound, plug it into my computer and the recordings would automatically upload to my iTunes for use. How do I get the recordings on my iTouch?
Wait for 3.0 software, voice recording feature coming out then.
Old May 4, 2009, 10:59 AM   #68
kunal123
macrumors member

ipod touch not jan update and further

if you press home button twice quickly and then sleep button you will get a large play,pause etc buttons in the locked screen. In 2g all you will get is a screenshots. Is there any way to stop the screenshots and get the feature back? (I had not bought the jan update but got a 2g ipod, earlier i had a 1g ipod)
kunal123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2009, 08:59 AM   #69
dasikes
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to dasikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal123 View Post
if you press home button twice quickly and then sleep button you will get a large play,pause etc buttons in the locked screen. In 2g all you will get is a screenshots. Is there any way to stop the screenshots and get the feature back? (I had not bought the jan update but got a 2g ipod, earlier i had a 1g ipod)
The feature works. You don't have to hit the power button. All you have to hit is the home button twice. On both models. I'm not sure why you've had it necessary to hit the power button.

Screen shots happen when you SIMULTANEOUSLY hold down power and home on any iPod Touch with the 2.0 software.
dasikes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2009, 08:38 PM   #70
Ivan P
macrumors 68030

Yeah, double tap definitely works on the 2G touch's lock screen. Just don't touch the sleep button on the top of the iPod, that's not needed - it's all in the Home button. As has been said by the above poster, pressing the sleep button activates screenshots.

Anyway, I've made a few minor updates to the list, mainly a couple 3.0-only features. It's early so I cant remember a lot of them
If people want to post any more features feel free, I'll add them to the list.
Old May 12, 2009, 08:44 PM   #71
hendriaj
macrumors newbie

why is the wifi bar grey and say no wifi?
hendriaj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2009, 11:34 AM   #72
ratherbe
macrumors newbie

great thread.
thumbsup for tips :*
ratherbe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2009, 04:10 PM   #73
wmf
macrumors newbie

Quote:
DELETE MULTIPLE CHARACTERS/UNDO DELETE While holding the delete button, slide your finger left to delete multiple characters. If you delete too many, drag your finger the other way to undo.

I have not been able to do this either.

It is unclear to me whether one is holding down the delete key and then sliding that same finger to the left/right OR holding down the delete key while simultaneously holding another finger over the text to select the cursor point then moving the cursor point finger left/right (awkward!) But I have tried variations of both with no luck. The later method, however, seems to highlight a single word and bring up the auto fill or auto finish word feature (?)

Quote:
CHARACTER ACCENTS If you need to use a character accent while typing, hold down on a letter and after a moment the range of accents available for that particular character will appear.

.?123 DRAG - If you only want to get a single character from the non-Alpha list. For example if you are need to type "A1", to type the "1" you can click the .?123 button and without lifting your finger go to the "1". After you lift your finger, the "1" will be typed and the keyboard will automatically revert back to the "ABC" mode without needing to click on the "ABC" button again.

The character accents also works on $ ? ! " '

These two methods can be combined, for example, when typing letters you can click and hold the ".?123" button, slide finger to the "$" character and pause, and other currency choices will appear. Slide to the one you want, for example, "", let go, and you return to the letters characters again. This saves you from having to go to the .?123 screen and then the #+= screen.

There is another "feature" I don't see here (maybe it was new with 2.0): When deleting alot of characters I will touch and hold the delete key, just as I would on a regular key board. after a certain number of characters it begins to delete entire words, not individual characters. OK, this could be useful, as long as you are expecting it and know to lift your finger if you don't want it to do that, since it can go really fast and there is no undo!! But I will lift my finger, to stop deleting characters, and the delete button has changed to white, kind of like "caps lock" and seems to be locked down! My finger is no longer touching the screen at all and the delete is still gobbling up all my text! I think one then hits delete again (or in my case, hits delete, hits it again, curses repeatedly, and watches all my text go away, with no way to undo.) Not a "feature" I like, though maybe I would if I knew what it was doing and how to use it. (Maybe that info is elsewhere on the forum. But could be added to the main list once deciphered.)

One more small suggestion would be to put under "bezel" what/where the bezel is. It was definitely a new vocabulary word for me when I first came across it.

Excellent thread, thanks!
wmf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 08:05 PM   #74
MimiCT
macrumors newbie

Question Great post, thank you

I just purchased an I Touch and love it.

A question, how can I download a book to my ITouch and then listen to it, rather than read it. I'd like to download audio books.
MimiCT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:41 AM   #75
jmann
macrumors 604

Location: On a bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
Send a message via Skype™ to jmann
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiCT View Post
I just purchased an I Touch and love it.

A question, how can I download a book to my ITouch and then listen to it, rather than read it. I'd like to download audio books.
Just download the Audiobook mp3 files, and drag it into itunes. This thread explains a simple process of how to do it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch