Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the sinner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2008
Hey all, first post though I am not stranger to trouble shooting macs.

Here is the info:

I have a black 5th Gen, 80 GB Ipod classic running the latest IPOD firmware.

I am running it (in non sync mode) on a G5 (V10.4.11) and Itunes (7.6.2 (9)).

About once out of every three times I hook my Ipod to my G5 - itunes gives me the bouncing ball and says - Factory Settings Must Be Restored on this Ipod". And I have to recopy all my data.

This has happened about 12 times allready it is such a drag. I am no novice - I spend all day on logic pro on my Mac Pros, please help me out. I called apple - they have been of no help - I am out of my support warranty.

Please help

NativeSun

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2008
Same iPod... Same Issue!

I'm experiencing the same problem with my 5th 80GB and iTunes 7.6.2.(9)! The issue occurred on both my G5 Power PC and my MacMini Intel Duo.

Should we go back a version until the issue is resolved!?:confused: HELP!

the sinner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2008
I'm experiencing the same problem with my 5th 80GB and iTunes 7.6.2.(9)! The issue occurred on both my G5 Power PC and my MacMini Intel Duo.

Should we go back a version until the issue is resolved!?:confused: HELP!

I am quite sure this is a software issue.

I have had crashes on my Mac Book Pro and both of my Mac Pros and my Imac.
This is a VEry annoying problem -restoring right now as we speak :(

Any advice ?

NativeSun

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2008
At first I figured that somehow the software update was bad... So I went to apple's site and downloaded it from there. The problem seemed to go away for 2 days but, then it occurred again on yesterday.

I found a site that have old versions available... I'm gonna try going back to the previous version until they work the bugs out of this one.

http://mac.oldapps.com/itunes.php

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.