Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Apr 17, 2008, 08:52 AM   #1
msa6
macrumors newbie

Autocomplete in Yahoo email & Safari 3.0?

Using Safari 3.0 and going to yahoo email. When I begin typing the address in the "To:" field, I get no autocomplete help. This is not the case when I use Firefox as my OS X browser, only Safari. Autofill boxes are all checked...it doesn't make a difference.

Is there a workaround here? Using Firefox isn't a big deal, but I'd like the Safari option, and the ability to get autocomplete to work. Any thoughts? Thanks.
msa6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 09:02 AM   #2
clevin
macrumors G3

try update to 3.1
clevin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:49 PM   #3
msa6
macrumors newbie

I updated to 3.1 and now in Yahoo email, when I start typing an address in my contacts in the "To:" field it does autocomplete. But it only works for a single email address; it won't do autocomplete for multiple addresses in the "To:" field, only the first.

In Firefox, I get autocomplete help with multiple addresses. What's up with Safari? Any other suggestions on how to get it to do what Firefox does?
msa6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 09:18 PM   #4
clevin
macrumors G3

i think of no way other than write feedback to yahoo and hope they support safari more.

Im not sure if it will work, but doesn't hurt to try to spoof UA.
clevin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store